Almost everyone is familiar with The Salvation Army's Red Kettle that appears in your community at Christmastime. However, in our modern age, many people no longer carry cash and have loose change to donate. As a result, The Salvation Army has created the Mobile Red Kettle program to continue our familiar tradition, but with a modern twist!
Click the links below to access Mobile Red Kettles near you!
* Areas Served: Bridgeport, Monroe, Stevenson, Stratford, and Trumbull.
* Areas Served: Bristol and Forestville.
* Areas Served: Bloomfield, East Hartford, Elmwood, Hartford, Newington, Poquonock, West Hartford, Wethersfield, and Windsor.
* Areas Served: Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour, and Shelton.
* Areas Served: Greenwich
* Areas Served: Buckland and Manchester.
The Marshall House*
* Areas Served: Hartford
* Areas Served: Allington, East Haven, Hamden, New Haven, North Haven, Orange, West Haven, and Woodbridge.
* Areas Served: Center Groton, East Lyme, Groton, New London, Niantic, and Waterford.
* Areas Served: East Norwalk and Norwalk.
* Areas Served: Griswold, Jewett City, Norwich, Preston, and Taftville.
The Right Place Hartford*
* Areas Served: 121/123 Sigourney Street, Hartford, 100 Nelson Street, Hartford
Greater Waterbury Corps*
* Areas Served: Middlebury, Oakville, Prospect, Waterbury, Watertown, and Wolcott.
* Areas Served: Chaplin, Chestnut Hill, Columbia, Conantville, Eagleville, Hampton, Lebanon, Mansfield, Mansfield Center, Mansfield Depot, Merrow, North Windham, Scotland, South Windham, Storrs, Willimantic, and Windham.
Winsted Regional Service Center*
* Areas Served: Areas Served: Canaan, Colebrook, Cornwall, Kent, Norfolk, North Canaan, Salisbury, Sharon and Winchester/Winsted and their villages.
* Areas Served: Adamsville, Gould Island, Jamestown, Little Compton, Middletown, Newport, North Tiverton, Portsmouth, Prudence Island, and Tiverton.
* Areas Served: Albion, Central Falls, Cumberland, Lincoln, Pawtucket, and Rumford.
Gifts to each location's Mobile Red Kettle will support The Salvation Army's programs and services in that community. Should you start a personal Mobile Red Kettle within a location's Mobile Red Kettle, donations you raise will benefit that location.
Make a Donation - Once you select the Mobile Red Kettle you would like to support, you can click the Make a Donation button on the home page of the Mobile Red Kettle. Doing so will allow you to make a donation to that Mobile Red Kettle.
Become a Fundraiser - Once you select the Mobile Red Kettle you would like to support, you can click the Become a Fundraiser button on the home page of the Mobile Red Kettle. Doing so will allow you to create a personal Mobile Red Kettle within that Mobile Red Kettle. You can personalize your Mobile Red Kettle by adding a photo of you, setting a personal fundraising goal, and adding a custom welcome message for those who visit your kettle.
Share - Once you select the Mobile Red Kettle you would like to support, you can click the Share button on the home page of the Mobile Red Kettle. This button allows you to share a Mobile Red Kettle via Facebook, Twitter, Email, and text message. Each option includes default messages that you can also customize to help spread the word.
Organizations, groups, and clubs can have their own Mobile Red Kettle created, personalized with their logo, background image, and text as decided. Otherwise, text will reflect the local Salvation Army location that your Mobile Red Kettle will benefit. Alternatively, they can assist in supporting the general Mobile Red Kettle already set up for their local Salvation Army location.
If you have an interest, please work with your local Salvation Army staff or reach out directly to Adam P. Zinkievich, Divisional Donor Relations Specialist for The Salvation Army in Southern New England. Adam can set up your custom Mobile Red Kettle if interested, making sure your participation experience is what you want it to be. His Email is Adam.Zinkievich@use.salvationarmy.org and phone is 860-702-0040.